Scenic tour of the South Peninsula
There are various ways to take scenic tours of the south peninsula. From taking boat trips, helicopter rides where you can view the peninsula from the air, or by car with other travelers. Tour companies offer spectacular full day tours around the Cape Peninsula to the Cape of Good Hope, which is the most south-westerly tip of the African Continent.
There are a number of wild animals and a fantastic variety of coastal plants including Proteas, (our national flower) to be seen in the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve.
Below are highlights as well as add on options offered by tour companies;
- Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope
- Boulders Beach – Penguin Colony
- Hout Bay – optional boat trip to Seal Colony
- Simons Town historical naval base
- Fynbos vegetation
- The chance of seeing baboons, bontebok, ostriches, bird life and the Southern Right Whales (seasonal)
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
Add-on options for private tours:
Horse riding on the beach, wine tasting, ostrich farm tour, digging for semi-precious stones, shopping for art and antiques in Kalk Bay, sea kayaking in Simons Town, hiking in the peninsula.